The road to release for the BlackBerry Q10 has certainly been a long one as it was introduced alongside the Z10 back in January, but BlackBerry has since stayed pretty tight-lipped in regards to the device. A release in Canada was first said to be expected in the “coming weeks“ earlier this month with a rumor circulating possibly having the Q10 release on April 30. It looks like that rumored release date was pretty close as BlackBerry has announced they’ll be releasing the BlackBerry Q10 starting a day later, on May 1.
Bell, Rogers and Telus will have the BlackBerry Q10 available for C$199 with a three-year contract and are currently accepting pre-orders, while smaller wireless networks like Fido, Koodo, Sasktel and Virgin Mobile will also have the device. As of now, there’s no word as to when the U.S. market will be getting their dose of BlackBerry Q10 goodness, but hopefully its release in Canada means we’re closer to its actual release.
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2013-04-09 BlackBerry Q10 Headed To Canada In 'Coming Weeks'
- 2011-08-10 New BlackBerry release dates confirmed by Rogers
- 2010-12-28 HTC Desire HD visits the FCC with support for North American 3G
- 2010-03-16 Canadian Android Market gets paid apps
- 2010-04-22 BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Leaked In Rogers And Bell Inventory Screenshots