Dance duo Daft Punk has certainly caused quite a sensation in the past with many of their hit records, and their first new single in eight years that is called “Get Lucky”, has also managed to make more than just some waves, as it has already smashed streaming records over at Spotify. This particular comeback that features singer Pharrell Williams, managed to end the day as the biggest streaming day ever for a single track in the US as well as the UK on the same day that it was released.
Spotify, the Swedish online music site, which recently “set up shop” so to speak in 8 new markets, did not release the total number of streams for the track that proved to be top dog on Daft Punk’s latest album, Random Access Memories. According to Spotify’s Will Hope, he did mention that this album would be “the biggest” this year, saying, “There was never any doubt that the first original single from Daft Punk in years was going to be one of the biggest debut singles of 2013. We expect the album to become one of the biggest, if not the biggest, on Spotify this year.” What do you think?
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]