Let’s face it, we’re all out there to find a great deal for ourselves, meaning that we try to save every dollar possible. However could it be the frugalness that hurts the sales of high-end devices like the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S3/S4? Well according to Stephane Richard, CEO of France Telecom, the answer is yes. Speaking to Bloomberg in an interview, Richard said that customer behavior is changing and that customers these days are more price-conscious, ultimately driving them to demand lower priced smartphones which could threaten the sales of more expensive devices, like Apple’s iPhone for example.
It seems that France Telecom has been experiencing price drops by over 25% in the past three years which has not only squeezed their profit margins, but has affected its stock price as well. As it stands, the carrier’s cheapest plan is at $26 a month for 3GB of data and unlimited calls, half the price of T-Mobile’s $50 plan. If this is indeed happening, we guess it sounds about the right time that Apple’s rumored low-cost iPhone steps into the picture and cater to these price-conscious customers. What do you guys think? Do you agree that customers these days are getting more price-conscious, or do you believe in getting what you pay for?
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces