Huawei’s first Windows Phone 8 smartphone, the Ascend W1, was announced at CES 2013. It has a decent set of specifications for a device of its range. Now back in January we reported that the Chinese manufacturer was going to announce a couple of new smartphones at MWC 2013, one of them was supposed to be the Ascend W2. It was reportedly going to be 7.7mm thin and the second Windows Phone 8 device from Huawei. We didn’t hear much about this device after that.
There’s been a major development on this front today. Alleged Ascend W2 specifications leaked online today and they reveal that this device is actually going to be at par with other high-end WP8 smartphones. The device reportedly touts a 1.5Ghz Qualcomm S4 processor with 1GB RAM, a 4.3 inch display with 1280 x 720 resolution, an 8 megapixel camera with 1080p HD recording capability and a 2,000 mAh battery. The leaked specifications do not mention how much internal storage the W2 has and if there’s an option of externally increasing storage via microSD card. This leak comes from a relatively unknown source, so its best to take all of this with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2013-02-20: Huawei Ascend W1 Gets FCC Approval
- 2013-01-08: The Ascend W1 Is Huawei's First Windows Phone 8 Smartphone
- 2012-12-17: Huawei Ascend W1 Sees CES 2013 Debut
- 2012-12-13: Huawei To Deliver Low End Windows Phone 8 Devices At CES 2013
- 2012-11-27: Huawei expected to announce a Windows Phone device soon