Earlier today we reported that Huawei had confirmed that they will be releasing a new smartphone for the US this summer. The company offered no further details on this upcoming smartphone, they didn’t even drop a name. Huawei has a decent portfolio of smartphones that are moderately priced and have good specifications. The alleged aluminium casing of what is being called Huawei Edge has leaked, this is thought to be the second high-end smartphone that the Chinese manufacturer will be releasing in second half of 2013.
The image shows a 6.3mm casing fashioned out of aluminum. There’s no screen on it, no buttons and no camera. The smartphone is rumored to feature Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, a 4.9 inch 1080p full HD display, 2GB RAM, 16/32 GB of internal storage, 13 megapixel rear camera and a 2,600 mAh battery. At 6.3mm, the Edge will be thinner than Huawei’s current flagship, the Ascend D2 which was announced back at CES in January. The Ascend D2 is also made out of aluminium, its 9.9mm thin and has a 5 inch FHD IPS+ 443 PPI Super Retina LCD Display with a 1.5Ghz quadcore processor.
[Images via NoWhereElse]
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon