You know for sure that there is plenty of interest around anything new and upcoming from Apple, as the world had already gone nuts over the iPhone and iPad in recent years. Having said that, Apple has been pretty good at securing their upcoming devices from the prying eyes of the public, and what you see above could very well be an extremely rare lapse in the security, as what looks like the iPhone 5S prototype has been captured on camera, albeit not exactly in the finest looking of photos. Hopefully no Apple engineer would unwittingly leave this prototype at a bar somewhere and driving home, forgetting about it!
If this is anything like the real deal eventually, it would no longer come with the iconic home button as you can see in the image right after the jump, as what is above depicts the back of the alleged prototype, and the front has more or less has been replaced by an actual edge-to-edge display. The design cues point towards a slope to the edges, which is not off the mark at all according to a patent application (image also available in the extended story) from Apple which picked up a nod of approval last week. Still, it does not look too “Apple”, if you get what I mean, but who knows? Apple is always one company known for their radical decisions when challenging times call for it.
Next Story: New Apple Campus Could Cost $5 Billion
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-11-01: Boost Mobile iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Pricing Revealed
- 2013-10-25: iPhone 5s Supplies Are Now Even Shorter [Analyst]
- 2013-10-21: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Headed To Boost Mobile November 8
- 2013-10-20: iPhone 5s TV Ad Runs
- 2013-10-17: Apple iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Prices In France Raised