Linksys hasn’t been having the greatest past couple of months as it was reported Cisco was planning on selling the brand, most likely at a loss, with Belkin offering to pick up the broken pieces shortly thereafter. Since then, Linksys hasn’t announced any new products, but today, they unveiled a number of new routers and are the first products to be announced since Belkin purchased Linksys.
The new routers Linksys is announcing today are the Smart Wi-Fi Router AC 1200 Advanced Multimedia (model EA6300) and the AC 1600 Video Enthusiast (model EA6400). Both of these routers offer true dual-band and will support the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard on its 5GHz band. They also offer Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, IPv6 and Beam-Forming technology.
The EA6300 will offer up to 867 Mbps on its 5GHz band and up to 300 Mbps on its 2.4GHz band while the EA6400 will offer 1,300Mbps and 300Mbps on its 5GHz and 2.4GHz band, respectively. Both routers will also come with Linksys SmartWi-Fi portal, which allows customers to manage their home networks from remote locations. For those interested in either of these new routers, the AC 1200 Advanced Multimedia is available for $169.99 right now, while the AC 1600 Video Enthusiast will be available at the end of May for $189.99.
- 2014-02-17: Linksys Routers Malware 'The Moon' Spreading
- 2013-04-30: Linksys Announces Two New Smart Wi-Fi Routers EA6300, EA6400
- 2013-01-25: Belkin Announces Plans To Purchase Linksys From Cisco
- 2012-12-17: Cisco Selling Linksys Division Likely At A Loss (Rumor)
- 2012-12-17: Cisco’s Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router and Applications – Demo at GDGT
- 2011-04-05: Linksys brings new E-Series of routers to the masses