So, you are a proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (granted, the Galaxy Ace series did not really do all that well compared to the Galaxy S range). Well, today is a good day despite having fallen for a fair number of April Fool’s jokes and gags, considering how the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is about to be bumped up to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice. As long as your smartphone bears the model number GT-i8160, you are good to go.
It was a couple of months ago when an unofficial version of a Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 leaked out, so do not be surprised if some of those with more intestinal fortitude than the average Android smartphone user have already installed the unofficial version, and enjoying all the benefits of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for more than a month how. The update is said to come Over The Air (OTA), so patience is the name of the game. Otherwise, you can always take the KIES route.
Next Story: April Fools Compilation
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-11-19: Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-09-04: Galaxy Note 3: Hands-On Review
- 2013-05-02: AT&T Galaxy Note Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean As Well
- 2013-04-23: Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G Gets Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-04-11: Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Starting Today