Ever wonder what it might be like to play a video game within a video game? Sure there are games like that out there where they offer smaller arcade-type games within the main game itself, take StarCraft 2 for instance, but what about playing an actual console game within a game of a totally different genre and platform? If that has managed to pique your interest, the Sourcemod Entertainment System, a server plug-in for Counter-Strike, will let you do just that.
According to its creator skwumpy, the player needs to pick up a cartridge from within the game, pop it into the console, pick up a controller and you’re off to the races! Looking at the video above it’s pretty cool. The console’s switch will actually turn on, and the buttons actually depress too! Unfortunately it is a little too good to be true as Super Mario Bros. running in the console in the video had to be specifically programmed, meaning that this won’t work for any old ROM. Either way it is pretty cool so check it out in the video above.
- 2013-11-19: Super Mario 3D World Invades Japan's McDonald's Happy Meal Toys Set
- 2013-10-23: Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Including New Super Mario Bros. U, Luigi U Starting Nov. 1
- 2013-10-16: Nintendo Releases 27 New Super Mario 3D World Screenshots
- 2013-10-01: Super Mario 3D World Gets New Gameplay Trailer Highlighting New Powerups
- 2013-07-31: Super Mario Bros. Crossover Receives Huge 'Special' Update