Rumor has it that Sony is working on two smartphones which it is expected to release some time this year. Back at the Mobile World Congress in February, the company was expected to announce a 6.44 inch full HD display “phablet” which carried the codename Togari, but we haven’t heard much about that device since then. Rumor has it that as part of its “One Sony” branding campaign, the company will be releasing a smartphone that features Sony’s top technologies. The announcement is expected at IFA Trade Show, which takes place in September.
This device reportedly carries the Honami codename and touts a 5 inch full HD display. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, which is a 2.3GHz quadcore processor that enters mass production in May, will power this device with at least 2GB of RAM. The device itself is said to be dust and water resistant, much like Sony’s Xperia Tablet Z, and is said to have a non-removable battery that ranges between 2,700 and 3,000 mAh. One of the major features of this smartphone is said to be its camera, a 20 megapixel shooter on the back with a Cybershot CMOS sensor and Carl Zeiss lens.
Next Story: Google Uploads How To Use Glass Video Tutorial
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-09-12 Sony Xperia Tablet Z Kitchen Edition Unveiled
- 2013-09-04 Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-04 Sony's AS30 "Action Cam" Has Arrived
- 2013-09-04 Sony Vaio Flip PC Comes in 13, 14 and 15 Inches
- 2013-09-04 Sony Vaio Tap 11 Competes With The Surface Pro