Folks living in Japan and who are rocking out to the Sony Xperia Z, otherwise known by its model number SO-02E, listen up! There is a new firmware update that has been made available for this particular smartphone, where it carries the version number 10.1.D.0.333. Just what kind of goodies will this new firmware bring to the table? Well, a couple of main features are headed your way to the NTT DoCoMo handset, with the first of them being this – it will fix the Sleep of Death issue that has been the bane of some Xperia Z handset owners, while the second would be the ability to adds the ‘White balance’ display calibration setting which was originally found in the Xperia ZL.
I guess this is a glimpse of what one can expect in the future, especially for the Sony Xperia Z models that are bound for the Western world, where it will carry the model number C660X instead. Perhaps in the next firmware update cycle, things in the west for the Sony Xperia Z will shape up accordingly to match the advancements and changes enjoyed by those living in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Next Story: Samsung SGH-i337 Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-11-20: PS4 Firmware Update 1.51 Now Available
- 2013-08-13: 100 Sony Xperia Z Handsets Used In A Fashion Project
- 2013-08-06: Sony XPERIA Z Users Complain of Build Quality in Forums
- 2013-06-06: Sony Xperia Z Gets New Firmware Version