One way of gauging just how popular a particular device is would be simple – just take the most basic of metrics, which is not word of mouth or apparent popularity based on the number of folks on the subway you see that use said device, but rather, head for the jugular by checking out the official sales figures. Yes sir, it is not too long since the Sony Xperia Z launched, where we are now hearing positive news concerning its sales figures, achieving the 5 million units sold recently.
All right, so it is not quite 5 million just yet, as Sony has already moved 4.6 million Xperia Z handsets from store shelves and carrier websites into the hands of users, taking just 40 days after its initial release to achieve this particular milestone, which means that 5 million units are definitely in sight, and it should be achieved shortly if all things were to move as expected. After all, a beautiful handset like this which is also tough, being dustproof and waterproof, can be rather difficult to resist, don’t you think so?
Next Story: Sony Xperia S To Get Jelly Bean In May Instead
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-08-13: 100 Sony Xperia Z Handsets Used In A Fashion Project
- 2013-08-06: Sony XPERIA Z Users Complain of Build Quality in Forums
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-07-31: Sony Xperia Z And Xperia ZL Gets New Firmware Updates