When it comes to cameras, the big names up there are Canon and Nikon, although it was several years ago when Sony introduced their Alpha series of DSLR cameras that Sony became one of the brands that many professional photographers started turning to. Perhaps on the surface it might seem that the competition is more or less on par with each other, but according to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors, they have received a tip, or rather an opinion, from one of their “top sources” that come 2014, Sony plans to outshine the competition with their new Alpha lineup of cameras.
We reported before that the NEX-7n could be the only NEX system to be released by Sony this year, which is apparently due to Sony’s new CEO who has decided a more revolutionary change approach would be a better strategy for the company, versus the evolutionary approach, which would see Sony launch game changing devices rather than products that merely attempt to keep up with the competition and the market. Take this with a grain of salt for now, but we’re sure that many photographers are probably eager to see what Sony has planned for the future, so check back with us at a later date where hopefully additional details will be available.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2012-03-20 Nikon D800 studio samples up for comparison
- 2011-07-07 iPhone SLR Mount turns your iPhone into "an SLR"
- 2011-01-11 Nikon D400 and Sony A77 cameras to feature 25Mp crop sensor?
- 2010-06-04 Now A Nikon Lens Coffee Cup Appears
- 2010-10-13 Lensbaby Scout With Fisheye For DSLR Cameras