StarTech has just announced their portable USB flash duplicator, where this particular device is said to be able to duplicate up to a couple of USB 2.0 target volumes – all at once, of course, for a greater degree of efficiency. Of course, just because it can copy stuff over, that does not mean it is unable to do another important function, that is to erase a couple of flash drives according to US Department of Defense specification just in case you have extremely sensitive information on it, all without having to go through the hassle of hooking up either the duplicator or the drives to a computer.
Other than USB flash drives, the StarTech portable USB flash duplicator will also play nice with hard drives, SD, SDHC, microSD, MMC, Mini SD, and CF memory cards courtesy of USB 2.0 enclosures or multimedia card readers, although it would have been nice to see USB 3.0 connectivity in there. Other hardware specifications include an integrated LCD display and LED indicators that inform you of the operating status and progress during the cloning or erasing process, and you can bring home this puppy for $212 a pop.
- 2014-04-03: Captain America Saves Your Data, Too
- 2014-04-02: USB Type-C Cable Render Spotted
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-13: dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive
- 2014-03-10: Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication