Last week it was reported that T-Mobile will be rolling out a new firmware update for unlocked iPhones on its network. The update would allow unlocked iPhone 5 devices on the T-Mobile network to connect to its newly launched 4G LTE network, and use other services such as Visual Voicemail. This new carrier bundle allows access to AWS spectrum bands meaning that unlocked iPhone 5 devices, which were previously limited to HSPA+, on the network now have full access to LTE. The latest carrier bundle comes merely days before the release of iPhone 5 on T-Mobile, taking place on the 12th of April.
The carrier bundle (ipcc) pushed out for iPhones enables T-Mobile 4G LTE on iPhone 5 and general service for all older iPhones. The update is available to all iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 owners from the About Phone page in the Settings app. T-Mobile’s LTE network has only been launched in seven markets as of now, those who’re not based in those markets will be connecting to the T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network, even if they’ve downloaded the new firmware update and the latest carrier bundle.
[Image via TmoNews]RELATED
- Vivo Sends Out Invites For Xplay 3S Event In China
- Oppo Teases Find 7 As "Coming Soon"
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Reportedly Enters Production
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Follow: iPhone 5, t-mobile,
- Seen at: tmonews