Touchscreen laptops are more expensive than conventional ones because developing touch displays for laptops is not cheap. Ultrabooks are available in the mid to high price ranges, with both conventional and touchscreen displays. Prices of several models have been slashed at Microsoft Store, making these high-end and mid-range Windows 8 powered laptops a tad more affordable. If you’re in the market for a new ultrabook, you might want to check out these models. The discounted prices do make up for a good deal.
The HP Spectre XT TouchSmart ultrabook price has been cut down by $100, it is now available for $1,249 instead of $1,349. The mid-range HP Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook also gets a $100 discount, it can now be purchased from the Microsoft Store for $599. The same discount has been applied to Sony Vaio T Series which now has a price tag of $799. Another Sony ultrabook model has been discounted, the Vaio T Series 13 gets a $200 price cut and is available for $1,299. The biggest price cut has been for Acer Aspire S7 ultrabook, its price has come down from $1,649 to $1,299. Are the prices good enough to convince you to buy one?
- 2014-04-02: Microsoft: Japanese Bank Upgrades 30,000 Terminals To Windows 8 From Windows XP
- 2013-06-04: Sony Vaio Pro 11 Is Lightest Ultrabook Weighing 2.2 Pounds
- 2013-05-21: Lenovo ThinkPad S3, S5 Leaks Show Aluminum-Cased Ultrabooks
- 2013-05-10: Toshiba KIRAbook Review
- 2013-04-24: Touchscreen Ultrabooks Prices Slashed At Microsoft Store
- 2013-04-11: Lenovo ThinkPad Twist Review (S230U)
- 2012-10-03: Panasonic AX Series Windows 8 Ultrabook (gallery)
- 2012-01-09: Intel Nikiski prototype ultrabook demonstrated at CES
- 2011-12-09: ASUS to debut display swiveling ultrabook in 2012?
- 2011-11-16: Intel to focus on touchscreen ultrabooks in 2012