Twitter has just completed their developer event at San Francisco, California, so what kind of new content can we expect from this micro-blogging site? Well, it seems that Twitter users will soon be able to enjoy a new feature known as Twitter Cards, which can be said to be content preview cards of sorts. It makes sense, really, to move forward in such a direction, considering how a company is never going to be able to survive on its own without making any changes to its business model to cope with the ever changing times.
Whenever a user links to a page that has Twitter-specific markup, there will be a tweet that features an application’s name, icon, description, rating and price in the App Card, in addition to its link to the Google Play or App Store page. As for Product Cards, those will help highlight merchandise by including important details such as pricing, ratings, if any, and of course, the all important image in this visual generation. Do you think Twitter Cards will be big in the future?
- 2014-04-22: Twitter Could Help Predict Crime
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet