Word on the street is that Samsung might have a certain NX-R camera in the works. The device was first spotted on Samsung’s website in a dropdown list that kind of gave away the device’s model, although not much is known about the device at this point in time. Some speculate that this could be a full frame CMOS camera due to a statement made by a Samsung rep who reportedly said that the company was developing a full frame CMOS sensor for use in a professional camera. It has been 4 years since that statement so we’re not sure if the statement holds true and if the NX-R could be the fruit of Samsung’s efforts.
In any case the folks at Photo Rumors have gotten their hands on a couple of images which they seem to believe could be the Samsung NX-R mirrorless camera. While the photos do look real, they do look a little posed and could merely be concept renderings for all we know. Apart from possible sporting a full frame sensor, rumor has it that the NX-R could also feature WiFi capabilities. Take this with a grain of salt for now, but if the photos are starting to leak, we can only assume that an announcement is imminent, but until then we’ll remain skeptical and suggest you do the same.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year