Up until now, there have yet to be any Windows 8 tablets that offer anything below a 10-inch screen, although we recently heard Microsoft was planning on introducing a 7-inch Surface tablet in the near future. It looks like Acer is one of the first companies to manufacture a smaller Windows 8 tablet as their device was accidentally outed by Amazon who displayed it on their website briefly.
The confusion may have been a result of Acer announcing a number of its upcoming products on Friday, although none of the devices were called the Acer Iconia W3-810-1600. The tablet Amazon accidentally outed features an 8.1-inch screen and will have a full Windows 8 OS, not Windows RT. Even though this is the first Windows 8 tablet to show up with a screen below 10 inches, we’re sure it won’t be the last one considering the popularity of handheld tablets.
Shortly after accidentally publishing Acer’s 8-inch Windows 8 tablet, Amazon took it down almost immediately, but it looks like the damage is already done as we’re now aware of this tablet. Since the next time Acer will be announcing another product this summer, maybe that’s when we’ll hear about this Windows 8 tablet.
- 2014-04-17 Maxpad Windows 8.1 PC-TV Launched
- 2014-04-15 Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-11 Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08 Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08 Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download
- 2014-04-02 Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2013-12-10 Windows 8 Threshold Could Bring Back Full Start Menu Experience [Rumor]
- 2013-11-15 Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- 2013-10-17 Facebook Launches Official App For Windows 8.1
- 2013-10-17 Windows 8.1 Is Now Available