If you happen to own a BlackBerry Z10 in your pocket, then you would be pleased to hear that the Canadian smartphone company has started to seed the first major update for their new range of smartphones (at least for the ones that are powered by the BlackBerry 10.1 operating system). Seeding of the BlackBerry OS version 10.1 has kicked off, and it is advised that your BlackBerry device is connected to a decent Wi-Fi network as well as is fully charged, considering how the entire download weighs in at a massive 1GB. Unfortunately, it seems that the update is available only in the Philippines at this point in time.
No official changelog has accompanied this particular update, but there is nothing to worry about since one knows what to expect, including HDR stills, PIN-to-PIN messaging, APN edition, an improved BlackBerry World store, and an improved text picker among others. This update is said to roll out stage by stage, so if you are not residing in the Philippines, some patience is required at this point in time.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales