Thanks to previously leaked photos of the Blackberry R10, it would seem that the handset might not come with a removable battery which has pretty much been Blackberry’s tradition for most, if not all, of its phones. The rumors then had suggested that the R10 could come with a 1,800mAh battery which while respectable in size, might be a bit too small especially considering that it cannot be swapped out when out of juice. However it seems that whoever had their hands on the photos (via BBin) has managed to pry open the back cover of the phone, exposing the battery which was then revealed to be 2,180mAh in size.
Obviously this is bigger than previously expected, but as to how long the 2,180mAh battery will last will really depend on the user, and we guess the Blackberry 10 operating system and how it manages its power efficiently. Either way we guess this is still good news for would-be R10 owners who might have found the Q10 and Z10 a little out of their price range. Still no word on when the R10 will be launched, but hopefully with all these leaks, an announcement should be coming up in the near future.
Next Story: Nokia Asha 501 Goes Official
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales