Cyanogenmod is one of the most widely used custom ROMs for Android devices. Android users install custom ROMs because some want to get rid of software modifications that the manufacturer makes, for example Samsung slaps on the TouchWiz UI and HTC adds Sense. Back in March a statement by Team Hacksung was taken for Cyanogenmod’s official stance, the statement said that Galaxy S4 won’t be supporting Cyanogenmod. The very next day clarification came from Cyanogenmod’s camp saying that they wouldn’t have a stance on Galaxy S4 until it was sold at retail. Now Galaxy S4 is selling at retail and they have a stance on this smartphone. Galaxy S4 Cyanogenmod first nightly builds have now been released, albeit for Canadian and T-Mobile variants.
Steve Kondik, better known as Cyanogen, has confirmed that only Canadian and T-Mobile variants support the new builds right now, though in the future the international i9505 variant will be supported as well. He hasn’t confirmed whether Exynos Octa or the other i9500 variants will get support. Do keep in mind that flashing custom ROMs isn’t an easy task for a novice user. Please do so at your own risk.
Next Story: Alleged LG Optimus G2 Smartphone Image Leaked
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2013-03-20: Team CyanogenMod Clarifies Statement Made By Team Hacksung Over Samsung Galaxy S4
- 2013-03-19: No CyanogenMod Support For Samsung Galaxy S4