Earlier this month, we did bring you word that the Samsung SGH-i537 could be the waterproof version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active for AT&T, while a few days after that, a handset known as the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active has picked up its Bluetooth certification along the way. This would certainly mean that the Galaxy S4 Active has long been making its rounds on the rumor mill. Word has it that the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-I9295) has leaked out as you can see above, where this will be a tougher dust and water resistant version of the Galaxy S4 flagship.
What we do know about the device is, it will be powered by a quad-core 1.9GHz processor with Adreno 320 GPU, in addition to a 5” Full HD display – although it remains to be seen whether this is a Super AMOLED screen or not. Other than that the pixel density of this display stands at a purported 480ppi. Not only that, some rumors point to an 8-megapixel rear camera, which would definitely be a step down in terms of megapixel count from the Galaxy S4’s 13-megapixel, but unless you plan to blow up your photos to really large sizes, this really isn’t any big loss to the end user.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2013-12-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Receives Snapdragon 800 Chipset
- 2013-10-28: Lower-specced Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I8580) Leaked
- 2013-09-10: Korean Samsung Galaxy S4 Active To Arrive With Snapdragon 800 Processor In October
- 2013-08-13: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Review
- 2013-08-08: AT&T Confirms Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Exchange, But Only One Time