We’ve heard a number of rumors regarding the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom that places either a 16MP or 10MP rear-facing camera on the already extremely popular Samsung Galaxy S4. Samsung has yet to confirm such a device exists, but according to a newly leaked photo sample, we can certainly see the company is up to something Zoom related.
According to TechTastic, a photo was spotted a test shot of what they believe to be is an image taken by the rumored Galaxy S4 Zoom. The data attached to the image ties it to a Samsung staff member named Shahriar Hossain and reveals a 4mm focal length with an 8.8 aperture. The resolution of the image is 1920 x 1080, which we think may be a tad too low of a resolution for an 16MP camera, although the resolution could have been edited to show properly on the Galaxy S4′s 1080p display. Either way, we’re hoping this leaked image is proof Samsung is considering delivering a Galaxy S4 with an improved rear-facing camera, although we certainly think the S4′s current camera performance is pretty good.
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2013-11-04: AT&T Galaxy S4 Zoom Launches November 8th For $199 On Contract
- 2013-10-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos 5 Octa Devices Get Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-10-17: Samsung Galaxy S4 Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-06-27: Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4 Might Not Be Getting Its Updates Directly From Google
- 2013-06-12: AT&T Galaxy S4 Kernel Source Code Released