Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios at Sony Computer Entertainment, has just confirmed that the Sony PS Vita will be able to enjoy Remote Play support with future PlayStation 4 titles. This is massive news folks, especially when you take into consideration that future PS4 owners can stream just about all of their games over to the PS Vita without having to fork out additional dough to purchase an extra copy. Sony has been working on this idea on the PS3 in the past, where they showed a plethora of content such as Killzone 3 that ran on the PS3, although it had nearly no impact on the in-game experience. Hopefully with the PS4, things will turn the corner.
If you are still in two minds about picking up the PS Vita as a portable gaming console, you might want to check out our review of it, and hopefully by then, you will be able to make something out of it and arrive at a purchase (or not) decision. Considering this latest confirmation of Remote Play on the PS Vita, it goes to show that Sony still remains committed to the PS Vita in terms of support.
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-03-24: PS Vita System Software Update Version 3.10 Released
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-02-10: Sony PS Vita Model Confirmed For US Release