So we know that Sony might be announcing Gran Turismo 6 next week, but it looks like that might not be all Sony is interested in unveiling. According to a newly launched website from Sony, the company is teasing an announcement for something called “Panopticon”, which according to its description, has been described to be “a type of institutional building designed by English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late 18th century. The concept of the design is to allow a watchman to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) inmates of an institution without them being able to tell whether or not they are being watched.”
We’re not sure what this could mean for Sony’s announcement, but a previously filed trademark for the “Panopticon” name has suggested that it could be some sort of 360-degree camera device. Could we be looking at a camera for the PlayStation console, or could this be a game? Either way be sure to check back with us on the 16th of May if you’d like to find out what this Sony announcement could be about. In the meantime feel free to drop your comments on what you think it could be!
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6