There has been a fair bit of rumor concerning an upcoming Sony smartphone with the codename “Honami”. Word has it that this phone is expected to be a Cybershot equivalent of the Sony Ericsson feature phones released back in the day, except that it would sport a whopping 20MP image sensor, which would make it the second largest sensor when compared to the Nokia 808 PureView. In any case according to a rumor from the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors, it seems that there is a chance that the Honami’s JPEG engine might be an engine that future Alpha and NEX devices could use as well.
It seems that this new JPEG algorithm was developed for the Honami, but at the same time it is expected to be used in Alpha and NEX cameras as well, and considering that the Alpha and NEX cameras are dedicated camera systems, that is definitely saying a lot with regards to how JPEG images are processed on the phone! While our smartphones certainly are more than capable of nabbing some fantastic shots, quality-wise we’re sure many would agree that some dedicated camera systems would be a better choice. In any case take this with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us at a later date for more updates.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-09-03 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Entire Alleged Press Release Leaks
- 2013-08-26 White Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-26 Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo
- 2013-08-25 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Purported Press Image Leaks
- 2013-08-23 New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance