When we talk about Samsung smartphones, what is it that comes into the mind of most folks? Why, certainly the entire Galaxy range would roll off the tip of most folks’ tongues, especially when you consider what a huge success the Galaxy family has been to date, with the most recent success being the Samsung Galaxy S4 hitting 10 million units worth of sales in record time for the South Korean company. Having said that, one should also take note that most of these devices run on the Android operating system, so for us to see a Tizen-powered Samsung device is not too common a sight. In fact, that is exactly what caught our eyes with a new Tizen OS Samsung device spotted on Samsung’s UAProf website, where it was given the codename Redwood GT-I8805.
This should not come across as a surprise, however, since Samsung did make an announcement before that the masses should prepare themselves for a Tizen device sometime in 2013, with whispers of the codename Redwood floating around, too. What kind of hardware will this bad boy pack underneath the hood? We are looking at LTE connectivity, a 720p resolution display, and a standard Cortex-A9 SoC. Hopefully more details will be revealed in due time.
Next Story: Rain Room Art Installation Doesnt’ Get You Wet
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-16 High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-03-17 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23 Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen