We reported last month that Time Warner Cable will be updating its TWC TV app to offer live TV as well as on demand content. The update was expected soon after Cablevision had announced that its Optimum for iPad app will be offering customers the facility to watch live TV wherever they might be. TWC confirmed today that by next Tuesday they will be releasing a “serious” update to the TWC TV app for Android.
Customers will be able to access over 4,000 TV shows and movies on demand as well as watch live TV. The update will also bring On Demand support for devices running Android 2.2 or higher, meaning that the app now supports video playback on 98% of all Android devices. The cable provider’s customers will also have out-of-home access over any Wi-Fi connection to live TV from a dozen or so entertainment, sports and news channels as well as 1,100 On Demand movies and TV shows. Time Warner Cable says that the new app update for Android is scheduled for release on the Google Play Store on the 14th of May.
Next Story: Huawei P6-U06 Spotted Again
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Kitestring App Aims To Help You Get Home Safe
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-07: myBlee Math iPad App Is Childrens' Personal Interactive Math Tutor
- 2014-04-03: Office For iPad Downloaded Over 12 Million Times
- 2013-04-16: Time Warner Cable Updating TWC TV App To Offer Live TV Anywhere, VOD Content