Cellular companies roping in celebrities is no strange phenomenon. Recently we saw Alicia Keys being picked up by BlackBerry and being crowned the Global Creative Director. Many people believe that these positions serve no purpose at all and just exist to augment the company’s brand value, perhaps they’re right, but this trend doesn’t seem to be going away any time soon. Today at Verizon’s CTIA press conference Jennifer Lopez took to the stage, not for a performance, but to announce Viva Movil, a new phone retailer that Verizon is launching with focus on Latinos.
By the end of this year, 15 Viva Movil retail stores are expected to be opened in markets such as LA, Miami, New York, which are three cities you’ll definitely hear about on a Jennifer Lopez track, by the way. She’ll also be investing in these stores which are a result of a partnership between Moorehead Communications and distributor Brightstar. Lopez said she’s “kind of the Chief Creative Office” in this project, implying that she has been collaborating on layouts for the stores, accessories line and designs for the fonts.
Next Story: Kinect For Xbox One PC Release Expected
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-03-18: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Arrives On Verizon’s BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and Z30
- 2014-01-26: Verizon Accidentally Rolls Out BlackBerry 10.2.1 Ahead Of Time
- 2013-11-24: Verizon And AT&T Offer BlackBerry Z10 Virtually Free On Contract
- 2013-10-28: Verizon BlackBerry Z30 Launches This November For $199 On Contract
- 2013-10-27: Verizon BlackBerry Z30 Render Leaked