If Apple kick started the tablet race with its original iPad back in 2007, its safe to say that Google’s Nexus 7 tablet significantly boosted the mid-range tablet market. So much so that even Apple released a mini version of their iPad, just so it could too get a footing in this particular market. The Cupertino company is reportedly also eyeing an even cheaper iPad mini so as to increase its penetration. Most 7 inch tablets currently carry price tags of $199, one of them even retails for as low as $129. According to a new report by Digitimes, 2013′s end could bring a new wave of 7 inch tablets that only cost $99.
The report claims that since Asus is offering 8GB MeMO Pad HD 7 inch tablet for $129, there’s a possibility that other brand vendors will follow suit. There’s reportedly a “good chance” that 7 inch Android tablets costing less than a hundred dollars will be available in the retail channel as early as the third quarter of 2013. The report fails to explain exactly which brand vendors it is talking about, and what hardware specifications these ultra low cost tablets will have.RELATED
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Woman's New iPad From Target Came With Past Owner's Personal Information
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- iOS Leads Android In Cyber Monday Online Shopping
- Follow: Android, iPad mini,