There has been whispers that BlackBerry is going to roll out half a dozen models later this year, so those of you who are BlackBerry fans should find this bit of news to be encouraging if you are thinking of changing your BlackBerry device to a newer model. Sure, the all-touch BlackBerry Z10 has already rolled out, and so too, is the QWERTY enabled BlackBerry Q10, but it seems that BlackBerry could very well be working on a new model that targets emerging markets by dumbing down the Z10, hence calling it the BlackBerry Z5.
Similar to how the BlackBerry Q5 delivers a physical QWERTY experience that is not up to par with that found on the BlackBerry Q10, so too, does the BlackBerry Z5 resemble a downscaled version of the all-touch BlackBerry Z10 model. Chances are pretty high that we will see this particular model snake its way to markets such as India, China and the other parts of Asia. No idea on the kind of pricing that we will see accompany this device, but it should be easy on your pockets, really.
Next Story: Sony Xperia Z Could Come In Google Edition
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales