AT&T Galaxy S2 (SGH-I777) has finally started receiving the much awaited Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, this according to threads on both AT&T official and XDA forums. The build number that this Android 4.1.2 update for AT&T Galaxy S2 carries is UCMD8. It is available now for download, all users have to do is to check for said update through Samsung Kies software.
At this point in time a changelog for this update is not available. Those who are upgrading from Ice Cream Sandwich won’t notice major differences apart from a few enhancements. These include Google Now and expandable notifications, which are no doubt two of the major enhancements of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. It is too soon to say when AT&T plans on releasing Android 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S2 over-the-air. If we were to guess, its likely that OTA release may take place later this week. For now those who want to download the update on their AT&T Galaxy S2 devices, can do so by connecting them to a computer and firing up Samsung Kies. The entire process shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
- 2013-08-01: Samsung Galaxy S2 Might Not Receive Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Due To TouchWiz Issues
- 2013-06-27: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-06-26: Sony Xperia Ion Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolled Out
- 2013-06-10: Android 4.1.2 Update For AT&T Galaxy S2 Released
- 2013-05-30: Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Update Finally Rolling Out
- 2013-04-08: T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-04-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100P, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Start To Receive Android Jelly Bean
- 2013-02-14: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100G) Owners In Canada Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean