Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie rumors started coming in as early as last year. It was expected that Google would unveil this new Android platform update at I/O 2013, but the company made no mention of this update at the event. It is now widely believed that the next major update coming out of Google will be Android 4.3. Nevertheless, the question of Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie release date still arises. According to a new rumor, this particular update is going to be released in October 2013.
It is also claimed by the source of this rumor that Key Lime Pie will be heavily optimized, and that it will be able to run on Android smartphones that have just 512MB of RAM. This would greatly help reduce fragmentation of Android OS across devices from various manufacturers, but it is actually the first time we’ve heard of this possibility. The Key Lime Pie release date lines up with purported release time frame for Motorola X Phone as well as Nexus 5, both of which are expected ship with this update pre-installed. Since this is a rumor nonetheless, we advise that you take all of this information with a grain of salt.
- 2013-09-03: Android 4.4 KitKat Moniker Revealed As One Billion Device Activation Milestone Is Passed
- 2013-07-16: Certain Samsung Smartphones Might Skip Android 4.2.2 Update For Android 4.3
- 2013-06-28: Android Key Lime Pie Ready For Fall Release
- 2013-06-17: Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Concept
- 2013-06-12: Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Release Date Allegedly In October
- 2013-04-23: Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Release At Google I/O Reportedly Delayed
- 2013-04-22: New Nexus 7 Tablet Google I/O Release Rumored
- 2013-04-22: Nexus 5 And Motorola X Reportedly Won't Be Unveiled At Google I/O
- 2013-03-18: Google Nexus 5 With Revolutionary Nikon Camera Rumored