Wearable technology is the next big thing, so it seems. Google is already making waves with Glass, and it hopes to have it over the public’s heads by next year. For a long time now we have been hearing chatter of Apple working on a smartwatch dubbed iWatch. Obviously the company has not acknowledged its existence, but there have been plenty of rumors about it. Izvestia, a Russian newspaper, reports that Apple has sought a trademark for iWatch in Russia, sparking speculation about the release of Apple’s addition to the wearable technology niche.
If Apple really has filed for a trademark, it can mean two things. It may mean that we’re going to be treated to an iWatch in the near future. It may also mean that there will be no release of such a device in the near future. Companies often file for trademarks long before they intend on releasing any particular device. They may not even have plans to release that device when they file for a trademark. This is done basically to protect the company if at some point in time in the future it actually decides to launch that product. So its probably not the best of ideas to get our hopes up right now.
Next Story: Meizu M035 Image Leaked
- 2014-04-23 iPod Lineup Could Be Replaced By iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-21 Apple Trademark Change Fuels iWatch Frenzy
- 2014-04-20 Nike Digital Sports Division Layoff Might Be A Boon To The Apple iWatch
- 2014-04-20 Sketchy Photo Of iOS 8 On iPhone 5S Appears Online
- 2014-04-14 iWatch Flexible OLED Display Rumored
- 2014-04-13 Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09 iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08 Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- 2014-03-28 Apple Reportedly Tried To Hire Swiss Watchmakers For iWatch
- 2013-09-11 Apple Reportedly Facing Manufacturing Issues With iWatch