Just last week Samsung finally put an end to the rumors of the Galaxy S4 Active by officially announcing it themselves, and thanks to a new teaser video uploaded by AT&T, it seems that we might be able to expect an announcement of availability from the carrier pretty soon. While the teaser does not actually name the device, the fact that the video shows off the phone being dunked in water, along with its hardware buttons, pretty much clues us in. Of course there’s always the off chance we could be completely wrong, so don’t get your hopes up just yet.
Either way for those who are hearing about the Galaxy S4 Active for the first time, this is a 5” Full HD Android smartphone, but unlike the Galaxy S4, it will using a TFT LCD display instead of AMOLED. It will also sport a 1.9GHz quad-core chipset, an 8MP camera, and the ability to withstand dunks in the water and even comes with an Aqua Mode in which photos/videos taken underwater will be of better quality. In any case you can check out the video above for the teaser, and check back with us in the near future for more details.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2013-08-08 AT&T Confirms Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Exchange, But Only One Time
- 2013-08-06 AT&T Starts Replacing Galaxy S4 Active Smartphones That Experienced Water Damage (Rumor)
- 2013-06-13 Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Available On AT&T June 21 For $200
- 2013-05-10 Samsung SGH-i537 Could Be Waterproof Galaxy S4 Active For AT&T