BlackBerry launched its new BB10 platform earlier this year in January, it was accompanied by the unveiling of two new devices, the Z10 and the Q10. About a month back, the company released BlackBerry Q5, a mid-range BB10 smartphone. It had already said that we will see multiple devices being released this year, and according to a new report from Digitimes, BlackBerry is all set to release 3-4 new models in the second half of this year. CEO Thorsten Heins had already said that the company will be releasing an “exciting new flagship” later this year, this is supposedly going to be a Z10 with a larger display.
The same report claims that BlackBerry has been steadily shipping 1 million units of both Z10 and Q10, which is aiding it to retain its market share around the world. Wistron, a Taiwan based supplier for BlackBerry, has reportedly received orders for two entry-level devices from the company. It is too soon to say what exactly these devices are going to be, but for now all of the rumors point towards multiple BlackBerry devices being released later this year.
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface