BlackBerry announced just last month it would be making its popular BlackBerry Messenger service available on iPhone and Android later this summer. It looks like that wasn’t the only application the company was in the process of developing as today, BlackBerry has released its Secure Work Space onto iOS and Android devices.
BlackBerry’s Secure Work Space is a software add-on to the company’s BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 10. Secure Work Space adds a managed container to protect corporate data and applications running on iOS and Android devices, which helps in further managing personal and work material. BlackBerry Secure Work Space users will get integrated email, calendar and contacts as well as secure browser access to intranets and document editing capabilities. All data located locally on iOS and Android devices as well as data stored on enterprise servers are said to be protected, according to BlackBerry.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-03-25: BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2013-10-27: BlackBerry Removes Queue For BBM For iOS And Android
- 2013-09-16: Blackberry Messenger For Android And iOS Launching This September 18th?
- 2013-06-28: BBM Coming To iOS, Android 'Before The End Of The Summer'
- 2013-06-06: BlackBerry Messenger Releasing On iOS, Android June 27