Facebook did run into some issues concerning its advertisements in recent memory, where some advertisers have already pulled their ads from the social networking giant for reasons of their own. Facebook themselves have decided to also streamline their advertising offerings, and by doing this, they plan to phase out Sponsored Results. Basically, Sponsored Results are the ads that Facebook had served to users for searches.
From July onwards, Facebook plans to stop offering the unit to advertisers, and later in July, Facebook users, too, will no longer see them (much to the relief of some users, of course). Facebook did offer up a statement concerning the matter, saying, “We’ve seen that most marketers were buying Sponsored Results to advertise their apps and games and we already offer mobile app install ads and Page post link ads on desktop to achieve these same goals.” In case you are a fan of trivia, Sponsored Results are not the only Facebook ad unit to receive the chop, since it was just last week that Facebook announced how they would drop approximately 50% of its existing 27 ad units, Sponsored Stories included.
Next Story: Air Hockey Robot Could Hustle You Of Your Money
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam