Facebook today rolled out an entirely new feature for its over one billion users, hot on the heels of a global outage that threw the world’s largest social network in the dark. Called photo comments, this feature allows users add photos to comments, its pretty self-explanatory. Facebook says that the global roll out of this feature happens today. The ability to attach photos to comments will at first be limited to the web site and the mobile site, while users will only be able to view photo comments via mobile applications.
This feature was actually the result of one of the hackathons at Facebook. If you’ve seen The Social Network, you’ll know what I’m talking about. Basically the engineers get together and hammer out some amazing stuff. Bob Baldwin, one of the engineers who worked on this feature, says that new comments feature helps “tell a story much better than words.” The comment box will now feature a Attach a Photo button, just click on it to add a photo to your comment. Time to bombard your friends’ updates with memes!RELATED
- Facebook Wants To Make Your News Feed More Relevant
- Over $1.2 Billion Spent Online This Black Friday
- Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- Study Finds Men With Beards Choose The Worst Passwords
- Chrome Might Let Users Try Apps Without Having To Install Them
- Follow: Facebook,