When iOS 7 was revealed, many were pleasantly surprised by the visual changes afforded by the new OS, while others were horrified at the pop colors that Apple had decided to go with. While iOS 7 is still a work in progress, here’s how some of the icons might have looked like if former Apple designer, Louie Mantia, were still working at Apple. Mantia was in charge of some of the design of the icons prior to iOS 7, which to be honest was a good thing because there was really nothing wrong with the way the icons looked in the first place. However keeping to the theme and feel of iOS 7, Mantia has come up with his own set of iOS 7 icons which we can’t help but feel look a bit better, as the colors are slightly more subdued, but at the same time keeping to the overall theme.
According to Mantia, “Today, I revisited that original task and took about a day to understand the new style. Simpler, smoother, subtler. While I don’t employ the grid they created (and while I instead use the colors I chose), these feel interesting and balanced. Vibrant and bold, but not overbearing.” What do you guys make of Mantia’s design? Would you have preferred this over the current design?
- 2014-04-07: iOS 7 Adoption Rate Now Sits At An Impressive 87%
- 2014-04-03: iOS 7 Bug Allows The Bypassing Of Activation Lock
- 2014-03-26: iOS 7.1 Bug Lets You Hide Native Apps In Plain Sight
- 2014-03-24: iOS 7 Adoption Rate Now Sits At 85%
- 2014-03-18: iOS 7.1 Reportedly Causing A Myriad Of Problems For iOS Users