Some significant new improvements are rolling out today for Google+, a new Android app for this social network is coming as well. The improvements have been made to site-wide notifications, which will now be easier to use across desktop and mobile. When a user reads a notification on one particular device, that notification will be marked read across all devices. Similarly, dismissing a notification on one device will make it disappear from all devices. An updated notifications tray has been added that differentiates unread notifications from those that have been read.
The updated Google+ Android app now brings ability to delete photos from the Photos view. Tapping on any post in the app will not only display the number of +1s it has garnered, but will also show the comments and reshares it has accumulated. The user interface of this app has been slightly tweaked as well, the left-hand menu design is now similar to other Google apps. The updated Google+ for Android app, version 4.0.1, is live now and can be downloaded from Google Play Store. The new notifications experience will be available for everyone over the next few days. [Image via Vic Gundotra Google+]RELATED
- HTC's November Revenues Fall 27.1 Percent Year-Over-Year
- LEGO Lawnmower Will Impress Others With Its Inability To Mow Your Lawn
- Huawei To Exit US Market Amidst Spy Allegations
- The Fanda: Crowdsourced Global Celebrity Stalking
- U.S. DoJ Signs Off On Microsoft's Acquisition Of Nokia's Devices And Services Division
- Follow: Android, Google,