I do admit, when I first started to give Gran Turismo a spin on the PSX when that Sony console was the hottest thing on the market, it proved to be an extremely frustrating experience from two aspects. One, the load times were virtually killers for me, while the other is, it drove with the physics of an actual car, or at least that was what it felt like back then, instead of the usual driving sim physics that followed a more direct arcade style which I was used to. Having said that, the series spawned a slew of sequels with an ever growing number of followers, so much so that we now have word that a demo of Gran Turismo 6 will be launched on PlayStation Network this coming July 2 at 9am BST, according to the folks over at Sony Computer Entertainment.
This particular demo has been structured to be a GT Academy-style driver training concept, as players will learn the ropes in a progressive manner, picking up the relevant skills required in order to achieve ever faster lap times. In this demo, one will be able to drop by the Silverstone circuit, and each time you prove your skills successfully in the early round, additional special bonus content will be unlocked.
- 2014-04-08 Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-03-11 Gran Turismo 6 Update Introduces New Features
- 2014-02-09 Gran Turismo Documentary KAZ Is Now On YouTube
- 2013-12-12 Gran Turismo 6 Debut Not As Successful As GT5 In Japan
- 2013-09-19 Gran Turismo Documentary Coming Your Way
- 2013-07-18 DEMO Fall 2013, Oct. 15-17 Silicon Valley
- 2013-03-28 Activision Shows Next-Gen Tech At GDC With Impressive Visuals
- 2013-03-12 The Last Of Us Demo Coming May 31
- 2013-01-28 Gears Of War: Judgment Multiplayer Overrun Demo Releasing March 19