We’ve been hearing rumors about a certain HTC M4 which according to reports, is a smaller sized version of the HTC One. Well according to the folks at GSM Arena, it seems that not only does HTC have plans to launch the HTC M4, but they apparently have another device in the works which is known as the Butterfly S. The rumored specs of the HTC M4 (known as the HTC One Mini) remain pretty much the same from last time which includes a 4.3” 720p display, a dual-core chipset with 2GB of RAM, and will also make use of HTC’s Ultrapixel technology which first debuted in the HTC One.
As for the HTC Butterfly S, this device is said to be an upgraded version of the HTC Butterfly, HTC’s take on the phablet. The upgrade in this case would basically be the Ultrapixel camera and a higher battery, along with the possibility of a microSD card slot, but other than that the Butterfly S is expected to keep the same 5” Full HD display along with the rest of its specs. No word on when either handset will launch, but the rumors are suggesting mid-July for the HTC One Mini while the launch date for the Butterfly S is still a mystery. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29: Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15: Original HTC One Prototype Revealed
- 2013-12-20: HTC One Successor Rumored To Run Android 4.4.2 With Sense 6