We recently heard a rumor saying Apple was considering creating an iPhone with both a 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch display, but if the company does develop such devices, it’ll most likely be unveiled next year as this year is expected to be all about the budget-friendly iPhone and iPad Mini 2.
According to DigiTimes who are sourcing upstream supply chains, both the cheap iPhone and iPad Mini 2 are being manufactured by Pegatron, who expects to start shipping both devices some time in August. We’ve already heard rumors of both devices, such as the cheap iPhone possibly featuring a plastic case made available in a variety of colors and is expected to sell in the U.S. for $99.99 with a two-year contract.
As for the iPad Mini 2, it’s being highly expected the new tablet will feature a 7.9-inch Retina display, bumping up its resolution from 1024 x 768 pixels to 2048 x 1536 pixels.
As with the majority of DigiTimes’ reports, take their information with a grain of salt as they haven’t had the greatest track record when it comes to predicting Apple’s future.
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-09-27: Gold iPad Mini 2 With Touch ID Fingerprint Scanner Leaked In New Photo [Rumor]
- 2013-08-26: iPad Mini 2 Shell Leaked In New Photos [Rumor]