We recently heard a rumor saying Apple was considering creating an iPhone with both a 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch display, but if the company does develop such devices, it’ll most likely be unveiled next year as this year is expected to be all about the budget-friendly iPhone and iPad Mini 2.
According to DigiTimes who are sourcing upstream supply chains, both the cheap iPhone and iPad Mini 2 are being manufactured by Pegatron, who expects to start shipping both devices some time in August. We’ve already heard rumors of both devices, such as the cheap iPhone possibly featuring a plastic case made available in a variety of colors and is expected to sell in the U.S. for $99.99 with a two-year contract.
As for the iPad Mini 2, it’s being highly expected the new tablet will feature a 7.9-inch Retina display, bumping up its resolution from 1024 x 768 pixels to 2048 x 1536 pixels.
As with the majority of DigiTimes’ reports, take their information with a grain of salt as they haven’t had the greatest track record when it comes to predicting Apple’s future.RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Next-Gen iPads And iPhones To Feature More Sapphire Crystal [Rumor]
- Apple Rumored To Be Testing iPhones And iPads With Larger Displays
- iOS 7 Allegedly Gets Detailed Ahead Of WWDC
- Apple's A7 Chip Could Be Built By TSMC Once Contract With Samsung Expires [Rumor]
- Follow: iPad, iPad mini, ipad mini 2,
- Seen at: digitimes