We recently heard a rumor saying Apple was considering creating an iPhone with both a 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch display, but if the company does develop such devices, it’ll most likely be unveiled next year as this year is expected to be all about the budget-friendly iPhone and iPad Mini 2.
According to DigiTimes who are sourcing upstream supply chains, both the cheap iPhone and iPad Mini 2 are being manufactured by Pegatron, who expects to start shipping both devices some time in August. We’ve already heard rumors of both devices, such as the cheap iPhone possibly featuring a plastic case made available in a variety of colors and is expected to sell in the U.S. for $99.99 with a two-year contract.
As for the iPad Mini 2, it’s being highly expected the new tablet will feature a 7.9-inch Retina display, bumping up its resolution from 1024 x 768 pixels to 2048 x 1536 pixels.
As with the majority of DigiTimes’ reports, take their information with a grain of salt as they haven’t had the greatest track record when it comes to predicting Apple’s future.
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2014-04-07: myBlee Math iPad App Is Childrens' Personal Interactive Math Tutor
- 2014-04-03: Office For iPad Downloaded Over 12 Million Times
- 2014-03-31: Microsoft Word For iPad Makes Top 10 List For Gross Revenue
- 2014-03-30: Possible To Use Office For iPad Without Office 365 Subscription
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-11-25: Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 2013-09-27: Gold iPad Mini 2 With Touch ID Fingerprint Scanner Leaked In New Photo [Rumor]
- 2013-08-26: iPad Mini 2 Shell Leaked In New Photos [Rumor]