Verizon has begun to put up a couple of smartphones from South Korean consumer electronics giant LG – the LG Optimus Zone and the LG Optimus Exceed. Just in case the LG Optimus Zone looks familiar to you and gives you a sense of deja vu, that is because the Optimus Zone happens to be Verizon’s slightly upgraded model of the LG Optimus L3 E400, where the latter was made available worldwide since February last year. Needless to say, it is a low-end device which still runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread with no Ice Cream Sandwich update in sight, a 3.2” QVGA display, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, a 3.2-megapixel camera at the back, a single-core 800MHz processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, a microSD memory card slot and a 1,540mAh battery. Heck, the device is going for just $79.99 sans a contract, which is pretty neat.
How about the LG Optimus Exceed? This is nothing more than your regular LG Lucid, which so happens to be a handset that was launched in April last year. At least this model comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich right out of the box, but once again, do not have sky high expectations from either device since they are not meant to be flagship models in the first place. Verizon is making the LG Optimus Exceed available for $129.99 a pop.
Next Story: Xbox One Used Game Policy Clarified
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25: LG Optimus Zone 2 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-03-04: Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 LTE Announced
- 2014-02-28: Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- 2014-02-14: LG G Pad 8.3 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-01-24: LG G Pad 8.3 With LTE Might Knock On Verizon’s Door