Considering just how much content Netflix has, and will have in the future, one of the biggest problems users have is finding something they’ll actually want to spend the time to watch. Discovering new content is rather difficult, but Netflix is hoping to fix this issue its users have with the massive service with the release of “Max.”
Max is a new intelligent suggestion engine which has been designed to suggest movies and TV shows with your current mood. Netflix’s Max has been in testing for several months now, and Netflix believes its time to set the service loose by offering it first to U.S. PlayStation 3 owners. Using Max is as easy as using something like Google Now’s voice search or Apple’s Siri, but instead it’ll ask you questions to help provide better content suggestions.
Once Max gets to know your preferences, it’ll begin to offer you TV shows and movie suggestions without you even asking for them. Max won’t automatically come barging in with recommendations though, as it’ll be available between the third and fourth rows of the main Netflix screen. For you non-PS3 owners, Netflix hopes to roll Max out to additional devices in the coming weeks.
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2013-12-16: Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17
- 2013-12-10: Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- 2013-11-25: Atlus Reveals Persona 5 With Winter 2014 Release Date For Japan
- 2013-05-13: Netflix Updates PlayStation 3 Player With Improvements To Audio, Trickplay Mode
- 2011-05-16: Netflix not reimbursing affected PS3 customers for PSN downtime (Updated!)