Mention Razer amongst the gaming community, and chances are they would have their fair share of stories to tell concerning the hardware that comes out of Razer’s manufacturing lines. We will be focusing on software instead today, where the most recent software family member was announced – Razer Surround. Razer Surround happens to be a state-of-the-art audio engine which delivers 7.1 virtual surround sound, although you will not need a special 7.1 speaker system to enjoy this, as a standard pair of stereo headphones will do.
Thanks to the patent-pending Razer Surround audio engine, you will be able to calibrate your personal surround sound settings thanks to a bunch of listening tests which will match your preferences, ensuring you enjoy superior positional sound compared to traditional virtual solutions. Gamers will definitely have an edge here, so the added technicalities involved during calibration should be a piece of cake for them to handle. Right now, Razer Surround happens to be available as a complementary software add-on, where it has been integrated within Razer’s Synapse 2.0 application. [Press Release]
- 2014-03-24: Razer Struggling To Get OEMs Onboard With Project Christine
- 2014-03-18: Afrojack Delivers New Music App For Razer Blade Pro
- 2014-03-12: RAZER Blade Laptop Gets QHD Touch Display, New GPU
- 2014-03-06: Razer Unveils Green & Orange Mechanical Keyboard Switches
- 2014-02-25: Razer Blade Laptops Come In Limited Edition Koenigsegg Model