US Cellular did step forward with a promise of a Windows Phone 8 device for quite some time already, and it has led to the US Cellular faithful to wonder whether the mobile carrier is ready to step up and deliver on that promise. If patience is your strong suit, and you value this particular virtue above all else (short of honesty, of course), then you might be stoked to hear that there has been promotion material making its rounds, signalling the very real possibility that the long wait for the Samsung Odyssey will finally end.
I find it interesting to note that the name of the handset itself, the Samsung Odyssey, conveys a sense of adventure and journeying, so to see it finally arrive at the intended destination (if the promotional materials turn out to be true, of course) is certainly an edifying thought. The Samsung Odyssey would be a mid-range Windows Phone device that is currently available on Verizon, and just to recap on what the Odyssey brings to the table, it sports a 4” WVGA S-AMOLED display, a dual-core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal memory, a microSD memory card slot, LTE support and NFC connectivity. Here’s hoping for an official confirmation shortly.
Next Story: Justice Dept. Vs. Apple: E-Book Pricing Wars
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-03-21: US Cellular Galaxy S5 Pre-Orders Begin 21st March, Includes $50 Google Play Promotional Code
- 2013-11-25: US Cellular Announces Availability Of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini For $50
- 2013-11-06: US Cellular's Samsung Galaxy S4 To Receive Android 4.3 Update This Friday
- 2013-09-08: Galaxy Note 3 For US Cellular Expected In October As Well