Last year Sony took the wraps off the Cyber-Shot RX100 camera, and if you were looking forward to a possible sequel or maybe just an upgraded version, it looks like Sony has something in the pipelines. According to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors, they claim that they have gotten confirmation from a “very trusted source” that Sony has a RX100 MKII in the works that is expected to be announced towards the end of June. Unfortunately they were not able to obtain the specs for the alleged device so that’s pretty much up in the air at the moment.
As it stands, the current RX100 sports a fixed f/1.8 Vario Sonar T Carl Zeiss lens and is accompanied by a 1” 20.2MP EXMOR CMOS sensor, which thanks to its large size, is said to provide better image quality. Either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but with us being almost halfway into June, we guess we won’t have to wait very long to see if this rumor pans out.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Announced
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June